Can You Get A Roof Repair Or A New Roof During Covid-19?
Get A Roof Repair Or A New Roof During Covid-19
During the Covid times, can you get your roof repaired or install a new one? It depends on many factors. However, yes, you can get your roof fixed or install a new one. However, there may be a delay due to the Covid restrictions and your location.
A significant change in the functioning of industries is a result of Covid. Some industries have shut down ultimately; others operate considering the restrictions. This has shrunk their efficiency.
Roofing is categorized under the construction industry, and thereby, it is an essential service. Roofs are integral parts of houses and safety requirements. Roofing contractors started using the online medium to take bookings, avoiding physical contact.
Read on to know the roof fixing or installing process during the pandemic while abiding by the rules and restrictions for Covid.
Why Should You Avoid Delaying Roof Replacement Or Repair?
The roof of the house is an essential aspect of safeguarding the home. If the roof is not fixed at the earliest, there are chances of serious damage to the construction.
Some of the damages that could affect the construction of the house are:
- Constant leakage
- Water damage
When contacting a roofing contractor, it is crucial to inquire about their safety protocols and plan to execute them. Do they sanitize their tools? Do they follow the government guidelines for Covid? Means of the transaction – are there contactless payment options?
There are basic guidelines by these governmental organizations that every contractor must follow:
- Safety measures by the CDC
- Guidelines from OSHA
The government lays out industry-specific guidelines, and it is necessary to abide by them. However, there are generalized rules that apply to every citizen and industry. Here are some:
- Staying at home when unwell: Health and safety organizations have advised that any individual, if sick, should stay at their home in isolation to break the chain. Coordinate with your contractor and ensure that they follow this measure.
- Social distancing: CDC has recommended maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet between each individual in a public setting or working in a job. As roofing is done at home, this guideline is easy to follow, for there is no crowding.
Cashless transactions: With the restrictions of Covid, contactless services and transactions have been repeatedly highlighted by the government. Before contacting, see to it that the contractor offers digital payment options.
Hiring A Roofing Contractor Avoiding Any In-Person Meetings
Digitalization has eased our chores ten folds in the Covid times. From getting in touch with a roofing contractor to finalizing the contract, selecting roof shingles, and finally getting the roof fixed, all steps can be done contactless.
Online mediums can facilitate the process with some phone calls.
Here is the process of hiring a roofing contractor:
- Find them online: Independent roofing contractors from the OCRCN who have the badge ‘no-contact service’ can work remotely.
- Scheduling: After selecting the contractor, you may contact them via email or phone call and schedule an appointment.
- Inquire: In the virtual appointment, you may inquire with the contractor the details, such as the estimated cost of roofing, the time it will take, and the norms they follow for COVID.
- Using the technology: While giving you an estimate, the contractor may need to assess the damage. They may use satellite technology for finding the damage and take measurements.
- Providing photos and videos of the damage: An alternative to using satellite technology can be providing photos and videos of the roof.
- Finalizing: After assessing the damage, the contractor can email you the estimate, and you can complete the contract, depending on your budget.
Paperwork: The last bit of finalizing the contract is to get the paperwork done. Paperwork can be done online too.
Selecting Roofing Shingles Online
You can choose roofing shingles at your house. How is that possible? Through the advent of digitalization.
The Owen Corning Roofing website facilitates you to choose roofing shingles. You will find:
- Readily available resources to select roofing products
- Variety of styles and colors for roofing shingles.
- Inspiration for exterior design
Online Visualization Tool: DesignEyeQ
If you are baffled by the myriad options available and unsure of choosing the right one, the online visualization tool, DesignEyeQ will ease it for you.
By uploading the photos of your house, you will select the designs and choose the right one for you. The visualizer enables you to understand the color scheme and coordinate the plan appropriately.
Samples Of Roof Shingles
Even after you have chosen a design, if you wish to see the shingles before your final decision, the samples are available. 12×24 inches samples are delivered to you through the mail.
You can get five samples per order, and you would have to pay only for the shipping and handling.
Seeing The Contractor’s Work
Understandably, you would want to cross-check multiple times before you get your roof fixed, as it an integral part of your home. You can contact your contractor and ask them to give you a list of the houses that they have worked on.
You can drive by the area and assess the work. This would give you additional confidence when you hire the contractor.
Build Your Roof
There are facilities to choose the roofing system you desire.
On Build your roof, you can select the layers of the roofing system. This includes the types of ventilation, shingles, and synthetic underlayment; all these layers are available to choose from for building your roof.
You can book a virtual meeting with your contractor to walk you through the process.
It is a daunting task to get things fixed in the middle of a pandemic. However, as much as it is difficult, we need to get certain things fixed. They are essential requirements and cannot be compromised in any situation.
Following all the Covid guidelines and keeping the process limited to the virtual medium, you can get your roof installed or fixed without putting yourself to any risk.